Re: Behind the Times? (was Re: Conventions)

In message <y5rdlbJOzKWDFwCx@xxxxxxxxxx>, Bernard Peek <bap@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes

>You can't stop someone from retyping a copy, but you can make it
>difficult, which reduces the probability that someone will find it
>worth doing. There have been instances of press releases being edited
>and then quoted, misattributing the edited text to the original
>authors. That's the main reason why press releases are usually PDFs.

At a place I worked at the datasheets for chips we made were released
onto the Web as PDFs for this reason, among others -- it was more
difficult for a competitor to edit them and rerelease them as genuine to
make us look bad in the eyes of our customers. No impossible even with
PDFs but more difficult to do seamlessly.
--
My gmail account is nojay1 Robert Sneddon
.