New Reviews on Euro Crime: Blake, Booth, Granger, Hayder, Indridason, Miller, Peterson, Robertson, Zeh

Here are details of the latest reviews added to the Euro Crime website:

Several of Nicholas Blake's Nigel Strangeways titles have just been reissued by Vintage and we'll be reviewing them, starting with 'The Beast Must Die' reviewed here by Amanda Gillies;

Susan White reviews Stephen Booth's twelfth Cooper & Fry novel, 'Dead and Buried' set in Derbyshire;

Rich Westwood reviews the fourth in Ann Granger's Victorian series: 'A Particular Eye for Villainy';

Sarah Hilary reviews Mo Hayder's standalone 'Hanging Hill' which is now out in paperback;

Maxine Clarke reviews Arnaldur Indridason's 'Black Skies', tr. Victoria Cribb in which Sigurdur Oli takes the lead role;

Terry Halligan reviews Danny Miller's follow-up to 'Kiss Me Quick', 'The Gilded Edge' set in 1965 London;

Lizzie Hayes reviews Mark Peterson's debut 'Flesh and Blood' set in Brighton and introducing DS Minter;

Please welcome Waterstones bookseller and reviewer Jackie Farrant to the Euro Crime review team. Here she reviews Craig Robertson's 'Cold Grave', the third in his Glasgow-set series

and Lynn Harvey reviews Juli Zeh's intriguing 'The Method', tr. Sally-Ann Spencer which is not a crime novel as such but a "what-if" novel.

http://www.eurocrime.co.uk/review_list.html or via the blog: http://eurocrime.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/new-reviews-blake-booth-granger-hayder.html.

Forthcoming titles can be found by author or date or by category, here (http://eurocrime.co.uk/future_releases.html) along with releases by year.

best wishes,
Karen M

  • Re: Euro Crime - Marchs Updates
    ... EDWARD - The Railway Detective (audio book) ... The 'News' and 'New Releases' pages are updated frequently and reviews are ... Euro Crime for the British & European crime scene at ... You wouldn't have to do that because I have special Amazon links for members and I can help you set that up. ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • New Reviews on Euro Crime & this months Competitions
    ... Here's this week's latest reviews and the launch of June's competitions with 3 book titles and 2 lots of DVDs on offer. ... This week's new reviews on Euro Crime are; Mike Ripley's May crime file where he reviews 'Absent Light' by Eve Isherwood, 'Mistress of the Art of Death' by Ariana Franklin, 'Hard Man' by Alan Guthrie and 'Donkey Punch' by Ray Banks; Maxine Clarke doesn't find the plot too taxing in Not Dead Enough by Peter James but is still addicted to the series; Pat Austin was enthralled by The Reckoning by Sue Walker and I review the audio version of the last entry in the award winning Nell Bray series from Gillian Linscott - which came out a few years ago - Blood on the Wood. ... Win one of three copies of the R2 DVD of Romanzo Criminale ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • New reviews on Euro Crime
    ... This week's new reviews on Euro Crime: ... Maxine Clarke thinks everyone should read 'The Coroner's Lunch' by Colin Cotterill, now available in the UK thanks to Quercus; Norman Price joins the Jo Nesbo fanclub with his review of 'The Devil's Star'; I like a good whodunit where I can't guess the villain, which is mostly why I preferred Hakan Nesser's 'The Return' to last year's 'Borkmann's Point'; Sunnie Gill found 'The Library Paradox' by Catherine Shaw a little slow to get going but an enjoyable read nonetheless and though 'Time to Pay' by Lyndon Stacey wasn't quite Declan Burke's cup of tea he indicates who might like the book instead. ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • New reviews on Euro Crime
    ... This week's new reviews on Euro Crime: ... Fiona Walker explains why Karin Fossum's books are so good, in her review of 'Black Seconds'; Maxine Clarke finds 'Little Criminals' by Gene Kerrigan to be excellent; I have mixed views on Patrick Lennon's 'Corn Dolls' set in the Cambridgeshire Fens; Pat Austin says that 'The Dead Hour' by Denise Mina is well worth reading and Karen Chisholm is impressed by 'The Lying Tongue' by Andrew Wilson. ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • New Reviews/Contest reminder - on Euro Crime
    ... Maxine Clarke calls Seth Garner's 'The Blood Partnership' a good escapist read, if you don't think too hard about the details and Terry Halligan says that Gerald Seymour's latest, 'The Walking Dead', is another enjoyable if slightly overlong offering. ... In response to my recent plea on the blog for more UK based reviewers, here are the first reviews from three of the people who contacted me: ... Regular news on British and European crime fiction, tv and film can be found on the blog - http://eurocrime.blogspot.com/ ... Euro Crime for the British & European crime scene at http://www.eurocrime.co.uk ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)