OT: Now they're going too far

New York City is planning to ban 32 oz. Cokes. That's fine with me, I don't see any need for a Coke that big. But now they want to expand
the ban. One of the things they want to ban is popcorn at the movies.
Now that is just naturally going too far. Movies just naturally
require popcorn. Maybe not a 50 lb tub, but popcorn is a natural
requirement.

Now Coke sizing and pricing are kind of ridiculous. Last summer I
went into a QuikTrip convenience store here for a Coke. I got a
16 oz coke and took it to the checkout. But the price for a 16 oz
was more than the price for a 32 oz. That is just flat silly.

Bill

  • Re: OT: Now theyre going too far
    ...  One of the things they want to ban is popcorn at the movies. ... Now Coke sizing and pricing are kind of ridiculous. ... was more than the price for a 32 oz. ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: OT: Now theyre going too far
    ... One of the things they want to ban is popcorn at the movies. ... Now Coke sizing and pricing are kind of ridiculous. ... It is allegedly over cruelty in the force-feeding, but they make no provision for small artisan farms who use cruelty-free "here little ducky eat up like you're going to migrate" methods to produce it. ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: when does speech become Scripture?
    ... because it (Coke) is not considered a hot drink? ... A church leader defined 'hot drinks' to be tea and coffee. ... The current ban as implemented in church tradition has nothing ... to do with the temperature of the drink. ...
    (soc.religion.mormon)