Re: The Death Penalty (yes or no)

in article acks435tfrltghp7g26n3t9v0capm183tg@xxxxxxx, Mike Burke at
mburke@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 5/18/07 9:33 PM:

On Sat, 19 May 2007 01:48:39 +0100, Mitchy <Mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

In message Fri, 18 May 2007, Mike Burke writes:-
(who notes that the BBC has decided to stop running "Neighbours" after
21 years - oh dear, how sad, never mind, don't cry)

I think they finally twigged it was a spent force :P

Not according to the story I read. Apparently they were outbid by a
rival network. Gawdelpus.

"Neighbours" was a spent force from its very first episode - even
moreso than "Home and Away". I can't believe that people watch that
drivel, but then I've been watching "The Bill" for decades and it's
probably just as bad. At least I've managed to stay clear of "East
Enders", although we went through a "High Road" phase for a while, to
my shame.

Perhaps the worst thing about "Neighbours" is that it was Kiley
Minogue's launching pad. And that Australian bloke in "House".

Mique

And Russell Crowe! *ducks*

--
Jenni :-)

http://jenni411.livejournal.com/
"Bart, do you want to play John Wilkes Booth, or do you want to act like a
maniac?"
-- The Simpsons

  • Re: The Death Penalty (yes or no)
    ... I am not ashamed to admit I have watched Eastenders since day one.. ... [to email remove the knot] ... | "Neighbours" was a spent force from its very first episode - even ... | Perhaps the worst thing about "Neighbours" is that it was Kiley ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: The Death Penalty (yes or no)
    ... 21 years - oh dear, how sad, never mind, don't cry) ... "Neighbours" was a spent force from its very first episode - even ... Perhaps the worst thing about "Neighbours" is that it was Kiley ... And Russell Crowe! ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)