How do I find who owns movie rights?

Sorry if this isn't the right forum to ask this, but I don't know
which one is.

Does anyone know how I can find out who owns the rights to a
particular movie or film footage? I thought of renting the movie and
just looking at the credits but no one has it.

Any ideas? Is there a database or something where I can look it up?
I tried imdb.com but all it says is the producer, not the owner of the
film.

  • Re: Zero Mostel
    ... Mark Alan Miller wrote: ... Both on Broadway and in the movie of the same name. ... productions of Forum. ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: Phyllis Schlafly: Darwinians hysterical over Expelled
    ... Ben Stein is known to many as an actor on Comedy Central. ... lines spoken by Stein but the hysterical way liberals are trying to ... The movie does seem to provoke a large reaction, ... It's gotten a large reaction from this forum for a couple of reasons. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Skilled shots from Taiwan pros - 5 movie clicks
    ... Movie 1 ... Please go to our newest forum to check the movie clicks. ... Our goal is to create the most friendly and active billiards forum for ... When we have more and more topics, you can sort topics by the most ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)
  • Re: new forum in the works
    ... creating a forum for just such a group of gentlemen. ... discussions on pipes, tobaccos, cigars, field sports and associated ... new Star Trek movie, Godzilla movies, horror movies, SF, LOTR, Doctor ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Phyllis Schlafly: Darwinians hysterical over Expelled
    ... Ben Stein is known to many as an actor on Comedy Central. ... lines spoken by Stein but the hysterical way liberals are trying to ... It's gotten a large reaction from this forum for a couple of reasons. ... were links to movie reviews. ...
    (talk.origins)