Re: "V" a raving leftwing paranoid fantasy?

Rich wrote:

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:52:59 -0600, Alric Knebel
<alric@[cableone.net]> wrote:

Rich wrote:

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 06:49:22 -0600, Alric Knebel
<alric@[cableone.net]> wrote:

Rich wrote:

On 22 Mar 2006 12:09:31 -0800, "natch" <jmpc@xxxxxxx> wrote:

RichA wrote:

whats your fanatsy Rich? Youre entire schtick is "lefty bad." Dont you
have anything constructive or positive to say, even if from your
perspective? You remind me of the communist manifesto. I read that
wanting to see why they thought communism was going to be so good and
the entire book was nothing but capiltalism bashing. I kept thinking,
ok but what's good about your views, in fact what ARE your views? No
wonder they failed, their entire philosophy was based on bashing an
opposing view, just like you. You are just a poster boy for the angry
right, you do realize that, dont you?

My fantasy, and it's a way out one, is that Hollywood would
start making films that didn't always pander to the liberal World
view.

You mean, like those 99% of other movies they crank out every year? Listen, if you listen to Rush Limbaugh for your movie reviews, you'll think that the only two movies out this year were "Brokeback Mountain" and "V for Vendetta." When you pass your local theater, read the marquee out front. You'll get a better idea of what's actually being produced.

Oh please don't make me start proving my point. I did this a couple
years ago, systematically dismantling the plots of each movie that
came out. Very few could be considered "conservative" and almost all
of them had the usual liberal leftist platititudes in them.
-Rich

I insist you prove your point. Most of what Hollywood produces is action-oriented, youth-aimed stuff that's apolitical. If you want to consider them as having a conservative theme -- whatever you think that is -- there have been some fairly successful war movies. Your view is skewed, and you simply have no proof of it.

"V For Vendetta" is a start, isn't it?
-Rich

Start of what? You said that Hollywood makes all these liberal-themed movies and that liberal films is mostly what they produce. That's not true. The vast majority of what they produce is apolitical, and the movies you guys consider as LIBERAL are merely films that project something you don't like. Like "Brokeback Mountain." It wasn't liberal. It was about two people doing the best they can in a bad situation. Just because it touched on a subject people like you don't like doesn't mean it's liberal.

--
Alric Knebel
http://www.ironeyefortress.com/C-SPAN_loon.html