River has two mommies

Since we know that the TARDIS is female ('The Doctor's Wife'), and River Song is the child of the TARDIS, that means that the female TARDIS, er, 'joined in' on Pond's wedding night, when River was conceived. That makes both Amy and the TARDIS her mothers.
Regardless of whatever other criticisms we might have of Steven Moffat's writing as show-runner, I think that most of us can agree that Moffat deserves high praise for this one. :-)

  • Re: Missy and the Afterlife.
    ... River Song? ... Clara? ... the Tardis? ... Havering over the possibilities will probably turn out to be far more more exciting than the final explanation. ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: Doctor Who: The Rings of Akhaten (spoilers)
    ... Why don't the Doctor and Clara use the TARDIS to give chase? ... Yet I have seen the Doctor use the TARDIS to catch River Song as she ... jumped out of a space ship, using space time coordinates River Song had ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: River has two mommies
    ... Song is the child of the TARDIS, that means that the female TARDIS, er, ... Moffat deserves high praise for this one. ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: most faithful companion?
    ... But Dr. River Song said that the Doctor she knew could open the TARDIS with ... the TARDIS survives? ... The quote is, however, "dies". ... all doesn't the Doctor lose him after this show? ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: REview of Day of the Moon with Spoilers
    ... she & Rorie got frisky ... while they were on the TARDIS, and that's where "that girl" who ... Does River Song live in reverse? ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)