Re: Flying Dutchman Dance.

On 29 Aug 2006 21:18:07 -0700, "Chuckles" <gjr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi;

I would appreciate a description of the Flying Dutchman dance.

What music should a band play? Polka? Waltz?

I play with a band that receives a request every to play the dance and
since the dance is not very popular in this area we simply have no
knowledge of what songs are approproiate and how to play the dance.

Googling, I found:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flying_Dutchman>

Which says:

"The Flying Dutchman" is a polka dance often performed at weddings.

jc

~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA

  • Astalk the Trout..
    ... Beneath a blackly velvet night, ... Half shadows ‘neath their liquid skies, ... Where sinuous they dance and glide, ... how dull must these poor currents play; ...
    (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly)
  • Astalk the Peal..
    ... Beneath a blackly velvet night, ... Half shadows ‘neath their liquid skies, ... Where sinuous they dance and glide, ... how dull must these poor currents play; ...
    (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying)
  • Re: Coreography on stage
    ... because most musicians prefer to play behind a curtain. ... Musicians HATE to dance. ... When I started to learn dancing (after ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Some have it....some dont
    ... don't have enough exposure or knowledge of the music they want to play. ... dance class because she had every dance move down just technically ... absolute pitch is bull shit. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)