Matt Groening ends his "Life in Hell"

Matt Groening has decided to end his weekly comic strip.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2012-06-19/matt-groening-life-in-hell/55698336/1
"At its height, Life in Hell was distributed to 379 newspapers,
she says. Now it's down to just 38. The final strip ran June 15,
but reruns will continue through July 13.
"Life in Hell's circulation fell as alternative papers —
hurt badly by the loss of classified ads, which went
to Craigslist and other websites — cut back."

LIFE IN HELL
by Matt Groening
April 25, 1980 - June 15, 2012
(reprints run until July 13, 2012)
weekly strip
L.A.Reader (1980-86)/L.A.Weekly (1986-2009)
self-syndicated(Acme Features) 1986 - 2012
Titled "Life is Swell" from early 2007 - ????
[Originally appeared in a xeroxed comic book in 1977
(prototyped in college cartoons),
began comic strip life in Sept-Oct, 1978 issue of WET magazine.]

D.D.Degg

  • Ellison name-dropped by sentient shoe
    ... The comic strip _Cleats_, by Bill Hinds, which is ordinarily ... had this week an 'inanimate objects' week in which shoes discuss ... birth of a new form of life. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Author Creates Novel From Comic Strip
    ... A newly released novel, "Life On Umbriel" is based on a comic strip the ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • ""Life in the Coop" - new local comic (not in Erics locale)
    ... announces a new Sunday comic strip will ... "Life in the Coop" by Bill Newitt ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: Stinkin tired
    ... What's that old saying about NOT POSTING WHEN MAD? ... your fella is cop out jerk. ... hope it ruins his dreams and life the way it has others. ... Oh hell I'm still all confused with what's happened over the last day so ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: OT: Dealbreakers
    ... I know I'm probably going to hell, ... So my life is OVER and DONE at 50. ... Charles the Curmudgeon ... I think good friends are at least as important as ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)