Mary Worth plot twist leaves me confused, scared (30 January)

I don't understand this. There are at least thirteen people
depicted between the two panels, and none of them are praising Mary
for her courageously doing the right thing in saving Emily Smith from
her unnamed kidnapper. Could someone please explain how Toby or some
other person is in fact explaining what a great and glorious person
Mary is, please?

http://content.comicskingdom.net/Mary_Worth/Mary_Worth.20120130.gif

On another note, I like Charlie's reverential pose, head bowed,
thankful that he has a plate of indistinct, vaguely colored lumps of
something.

--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Current Entry: A Brief Word for the Comic Pages