Re: User Friendly 1 March 2008

Mark Jackson <mjackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:

Sooo . . . any news on what's gonna make Firefox 3 so much better
than Firefox 2?

"More secure, easier to use, more personal, improved platform for
developers, improved performance." Details:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.0b3/releasenotes/#whatsnew

I'll be happy if it just removes this annoyance:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_error_opening_Internet_shortcut_or_local_HTML_file_-_Firefox

It doesn't really hinder anything from functioning, so I'm not anxious to
bumble around in my registry to make it go away, but it's irritating.

--
Sherwood Harrington
Boulder Creek, California

  • Re: geek moment! i got internet explorer 7 bitches!
    ... In my line of work, which deals with hospitals and universities, our IE ratio is more like 99%, simply because most network admins don't feel like installing Firefox on 2000 computers or giving PRN nursing students the administrative access to do so. ... The reason I say "shut out" is because many developers insist on putting a browser version check in and trying to force you to use IE6 or higher for, say, your internet banking. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: Why 32-bit?
    ... (it seems to be the best, or one of the best browsers out there, now, ... not at least being faster than Firefox and more "natively" RISC OS). ... example, the ROOL project, Firefox and the mooted Flash player port ... very limited pool of developers. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.programmer)
  • Re: Operating systems at war?
    ... of view of experience of the individual developers, ... decided it would take so much work to make Firefox run well on RISC OS ... a basic port of the last C version of Mozilla), ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: geek moment! i got internet explorer 7 bitches!
    ... Developers, at least the ones with any sort of clue, are going to design web-based applications to be first and foremost compatible with IE, because 95% of all web users still use it. ... IE7 adds features that have been in Opera and Firefox for years, and breaks a few more standards hoping that MS will return to dominance. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: FC3 Usability Problems
    ... Gnome developers, firefox the firefox developers, and so on. ... All FC3 ... Trinity University ...
    (Fedora)