Re: Did They Already Do a Secret Invasion
- From: billbickel <billbickel@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:26:11 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 17, 2:52 pm, badbad <u...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kenneth M. Lin wrote:
Like more than twenty years ago? Dire Wraiths? Rom the Space Knight? This
has got to be the best toy-tie-in comics and I highly doubt that the toy
itself sold very well. The current S.I. would have worked so well if it
were Dire Wraiths finding a way to escape the Limbo and plot revenge against
Earth. Think about it. Dire Wraiths pracitced magics and nobody ever
developed a way to detect them the last time.
There are two problems:
1) In their original form, a dire wraith doesn't look as pretty as the
2) The dire wraiths do not fit the tortured analogy of oppressive
religion against 'sensible' science (of which Reed and Stark embody)
which Bendis is trying to make.
So no go.
Third problem: Marvel would probably have had to pay big money for the
rights to use the Dire Wraiths (not that they seem to have any
inherent value at the moment -- but if Marvel wanted to use them for a
major crossover event, Hasbro (or whoever) would suddenly decide they
- Prev by Date: Moon Knight - what the heck??
- Next by Date: Hot Shop IWC Schaffhausen Vintage - IWC Minimum Price
- Previous by thread: Re: Did They Already Do a Secret Invasion
- Next by thread: Re: Did They Already Do a Secret Invasion