The color red for anime heroes.

My wife's watching a video with T.M. Revolution where he's running
around on stage in red pants and a red trench coat (my daughter took
one look and said; "ooh, Vash rocks!") which leads to my question.

I notice a lot of anime put their hero in red. Inuyasha, Vash the
Stampede (Trigun), Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) etc. I can
think of two possible reasons for this;

1) There is something in the Japanese culture that makes it
appropriate for the hero to be in red.

2) Simple dynamics, no matter where you set the camera, you will
always be able to pick out the hero.

Which is it?

Thanks.

  • Re: The color red for anime heroes.
    ... Vash rocks!") which leads to my question. ... I notice a lot of anime put their hero in red. ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: The color red for anime heroes.
    ... Vash rocks!") which leads to my question. ... I notice a lot of anime put their hero in red. ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Daughter Calls Pilot in Texas Plane Crash a Hero
    ... Daughter Calls Pilot in Texas Plane Crash a Hero ... Authorities say Stack, 53, targeted the IRS office building in Austin last week, killing employee Vernon Hunter and himself, after posting a ranting manifesto against the agency and the government. ...
    (soc.culture.venezuela)
  • Re: "Democracy icon legacy of independence hero"
    ... Aung San is the Hero! ... His daughter is ZERO! ... Prev by Date: ...
    (soc.culture.burma)
  • Re: Teen Titans former members?
    ... Was anybody else really bothered by the idea that the Titans would ... include or even consider members called Joker's Daughter and Riddler's ... But more to the point, regarding Joker's daughter, if you were a hero, ...
    (rec.arts.comics.dc.universe)