Re: Where are these googlegroupers originating their posts?

Lawrence wrote:

But where do these posts come from that have
"JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums" in the Message-ID, yet no mention of
google in the Message-ID?

Thanks to all for the suggestions to improve my filters.

Apparently I failed to make my real question clear enough. How are these
people gaming/using/abusing google groups so that there is no mention of
"googlegroups" in the Message_ID?

GG has more than one interface choice.

(But) I haven't personally experimented with the options to see how the choices affect the headers.

Also google is (always) continuously tweaking and adjusting its code/behavior for 'unknown' reasons, presumably because they have gobs of coders and gazillions of lines of googlecode.

--
Mike Easter

  • Re: Literate Programming mit Latex: Quellcode-Dokumentation und API Generierung
    ... Eine richtige Message-ID hat meines Wissens nur ein @. ... unter welchem Google das besagte alte archivierte Posting zugänglich macht. ... Deshalb empfiehlt es sich, wenn einem das Google-Web-Interface ... im kommentierten Quelltext automatisiert auf all die Stellen/Routinen ...
    (de.comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Problems with Google
    ... The whole Beta Groups is a mess. ... If using the links with the message-id in them you can change ... creating from a Google archive copy, and the tinyurl links that had ... Beta Groups unless possibly it got suppressed. ...
  • Re: Problems with Google
    ... The whole Beta Groups is a mess. ... If using the links with the message-id in them you can change ... creating from a Google archive copy, and the tinyurl links that had ... Beta Groups unless possibly it got suppressed. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Problems with Google
    ... The whole Beta Groups is a mess. ... If using the links with the message-id in them you can change ... creating from a Google archive copy, and the tinyurl links that had ... Beta Groups unless possibly it got suppressed. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Problems with Google
    ... The whole Beta Groups is a mess. ... If using the links with the message-id in them you can change ... creating from a Google archive copy, and the tinyurl links that had ... Beta Groups unless possibly it got suppressed. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)