Re: Can old UseNet threads be changed or added?

David Canzi <dmcanzi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
John Doe <jdoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike Yetto <myetto1 nycap.invalid> wrote:
John Doe <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> writes and having writ moves
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk chinet.com> wrote:

Is the OP trying to reuse an old Message-ID to accomplish his
nefarious purpose?

As you can tell by the original post... There is no nefarious
purpose. I'm not trying to do anything. I just asked a question.

Regardless of your reasons, I don't think it can be done without
being easily detected. Without you reasons be stated or
obviously benign the predominant assumption will most likely be
that they aren't.

But I did state my reason as "mainly curious".

Hi! I'd like to know if there's a way to build a giant mirror
in orbit that can concentrate enough sunlight onto the earth's
surface to incinerate Washington DC.

Mainly curious,
E. S. Blofeld

Heh.