Re: Extremely frustrated looking for newsreader software, please help...

AzzMazta wrote:
On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:42:40 -0500, John F. Morse wrote:

AzzMazta wrote:
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:39:40 -0500, John F. Morse wrote:

htt
(bodily function)
://e
(eee)
nwik
(helps reduce Google ranking)
(while keeping the original post legitimate)
pe
dia
(d07tt)
org/wiki/Troll_%
(doesn't do much, but it makes me feel better about it)
28Internet%29
I didn't say any of the above.

Please learn to correctly attribute your quoting lines.

I kept yours as ">" and put my stuff in between. Like I'm doing right now,
except this time, I'm now ">>" and you are ">".

As I stated, none of the quoted material was posted by me. It makes absolutely no sense to me. It was from somebody else, and you removed their attribute information while retaining mine. Or your newsreader is broken.

Whatever you use as a quote delimiter is optioned in your newsreader. I don't see ">" nor ">>" here. I use vertical lines, which indent multiple times to match the quoted depth.

I refuse to read/raise the search rankings of that Teenage Heap-O-Dung in
any way. It's blocked out from my machine using Firefox's BlockSite.
What does a browser (Firefox) have to do with NNTP Usenet groups?

Web/Usenet gateways. I've seen a few other than Google Groups, mostly for
sites with specific subjects or binary sites, but can't name them off the
top of my head.

Sorry. I'm aware of those "Webnews" portals and software, but I thought we were discussing "real" NNTP news, using a newsreader, and how to filter.

This is, after all, alt.software.newsreaders and not *.browsers. ;-)

Only for those who have fun arguing I suppose.

Admit it, arguing about politics can be fun :)

Anything can be fun to anyone, including illegal and immoral material.

I just try to avoid online and face-to-face discussions that cause an endless string of replies that are going nowhere.

But this personal choice of likes and dislikes really has nothing to do with newsreaders. ;-)

--
John

When a person has -- whether they knew it or not -- already rejected the Truth, by what means do they discern a lie?

  • Re: Safari reloads secure page...
    ... suggest you dump your newsreader ASAP and get something that works. ... I've no idea what "support" means in this case. ... browser supports those same standards. ... Not even the virus writers support Macs!" ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Cowboys herding cats
    ... ask for special consideration for your deliberate backwardness. ... that's not a function of my newsreader. ... I've been fighting spam for over a quarter century. ... browser, and that it's a trivial effort to get our of your newsreader, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Computer questions
    ... newest greatest Google Chrome, which I finally did. ... Google seems to be trying to monetize their browser, so they collect all manner of information. ... Do I have to get rid of OE, and download a new news program, or does the installation of Firefox fix all that? ... Firefox is not really a newsreader, and so will not replace Outlook Express, which has many problems. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Mikrocontroller.net
    ... versuch doch mal einen brauchbaren Newsreader zu finden, ... DOS-Emulation im Browser? ... Ohne Usenet haette ich viele Stunden ... Zugang, Loetkolben und Kugelgrills gibt ...
    (de.sci.electronics)
  • Re: How can I eliminat the captcha?
    ... They just recently started appearing in all my Google groups. ... I am using the Safari browser with Comcast. ... reliability is extremely good. ... A newsreader is orders of magnitude better than using Google Groups, ...
    (rec.autos.makers.chrysler)