Re: [Xnews] Any equivalent to Dialog's !ignore,markread?
- From: Klaatu <klaatu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 7 Jan 2009 19:54:52 GMT
On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 18:50:21 GMT, Nil posted to news.software.readers:
On 07 Jan 2009, Klaatu <klaatu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
Is there some equivalent syntax that could be added to Xnew's scrore
file to do the same thing? And if so, what would that be?
Yes, you can score on the References header, which (usually) contains
the Message-ID of the earlier articles in the thread. Sometimes the
chain of IDs gets broken, but it works pretty well. I bet Dialog does
it the same way behind the scenes.
Sorry, but this may work for a single subthread individually, but having
to manually put an entry into the scrore file, or for that matter using
Xnews' "Add to scrore file" dialog, for each subthread is not what I had
in mind. As I said I want to do it based on someone's from address, not
the Message-ID, as the Message-ID is too specific to an individual
message. I want Xnews to block any subthread started by a specific
Can Xnews be configured to do this? And if so, how?
Thanks for the reply though.
Long live longevity!
- Prev by Date: Re: An Xnews error question for the gurus here.
- Next by Date: Re: slrn score query.
- Previous by thread: Re: [Xnews] Any equivalent to Dialog's !ignore,markread?
- Next by thread: Re: [Xnews] Any equivalent to Dialog's !ignore,markread?