Re: List of groups

On 2008-09-26, Sqwertz <swertz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

$ cat listofnewgroups | sed 's/$/:' >> ~/.jnewsrc

..outghta do the trick. My sed is a pretty rusty. Somebody will
correct me if I'm wrong (this is Usenet after all ;-)

Close, but you do get a "useless use of cat" award. :-)

$ sed 's/$/:/' listofgroups >> ~/.jnewsrc

Also note that I added a trailing / to your expression. sed requires
that to properly terminate the expression.

Regards,
Bob

  • Re: List of groups
    ... Cortopassi wrote: ... ..outghta do the trick. ... My sed is a pretty rusty. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: List of groups
    ... ..outghta do the trick. ... My sed is a pretty rusty. ... correct me if I'm wrong (this is Usenet after all;-) ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: List of groups
    ... ..outghta do the trick. ... My sed is a pretty rusty. ... correct me if I'm wrong (this is Usenet after all;-) ... slrn newsreader: http://slrn.sourceforge.net/ ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: I have stumbled accross Zals real ID
    ... twatted around Usenet and to afraid or capable of ... BOK BOK BOK merchant ... final Usenet lame tw@t trick, the 'I want to meet you' trick. ...
    (uk.sport.football.clubs.liverpool)
  • Re: Anti-Obama billboard stirs controversy
    ... public here on usenet among your many betters? ... kicking your stupid kooker ass that much? ... You mean you seriously were swallowing my dad's spunk while you were ... That would be an interesting trick. ...
    (misc.survivalism)