Re: List of groups
- From: Sqwertz <swertz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:02:54 -0500
Peter J Ross <pjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In news.software.readers on Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:13:37 +0000 (UTC), Bob
Cortopassi <bobernet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2008-09-24, Sqwertz <swertz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Shouldn't you just be able to put a colon after the newsgroup name
and rename it to ~/.newsrc? Or does slrn use a non-standard
Yes. Scripting gyrations are not necessary.
A script isn't necessary, but automating the process of subscribing to
new interesting groups from a list compiled elsewhere could be useful.
Anyway, I haven't written a script yet, but I'll do so eventually, if
only becuase I'd learn from attempting it.
I don't want to keep you from learning anything new, but this
is the 'script':
$ cat listofnewgroups | sed 's/$/:' >> ~/.jnewsrc
...outghta do the trick. My sed is a pretty rusty. Somebody will
correct me if I'm wrong (this is Usenet after all ;-)
- Prev by Date: Re: [Pan] sig trimming
- Next by Date: Re: [Pan] sig trimming
- Previous by thread: Re: List of groups
- Next by thread: Re: List of groups