Re: List of groups

Peter J Ross <pjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In news.software.readers on Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:13:37 +0000 (UTC), Bob
Cortopassi <bobernet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2008-09-24, Sqwertz <swertz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Shouldn't you just be able to put a colon after the newsgroup name
and rename it to ~/.newsrc? Or does slrn use a non-standard
.newsrc?

Yes. Scripting gyrations are not necessary.

A script isn't necessary, but automating the process of subscribing to
new interesting groups from a list compiled elsewhere could be useful.

Anyway, I haven't written a script yet, but I'll do so eventually, if
only becuase I'd learn from attempting it.

I don't want to keep you from learning anything new, but this
is the 'script':

$ cat listofnewgroups | sed 's/$/:' >> ~/.jnewsrc

...outghta do the trick. My sed is a pretty rusty. Somebody will
correct me if I'm wrong (this is Usenet after all ;-)

-sw

  • Re: List of groups
    ... Shouldn't you just be able to put a colon after the newsgroup name ... and rename it to ~/.newsrc? ... A script isn't necessary, but automating the process of subscribing ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Script to Rename Computer Name in Domain
    ... i looking a script to rename computer name in domain server 2003 ... To rename a computer you bind to the parent OU/Container of the computer ... you would need to also prompt for the current name. ... ' Bind to the parent OU/container of computer object. ...
  • Re: Rename File Using Strring Found in File?
    ... OK, thanks, but the script does not seem to rename the files. ... # sleep 1; ... to the string in this particular file that I want to match. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: IE 6 Freezes on certain webpages after SP2 install
    ... > It just hangs on those jscript webpages and I still can't figure out a way ... How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer ... WinXP SP2 Support Center ... Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers. ...
  • Re: rename a local group in windows 2003
    ... strComputer = objShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings ... I tried to rename several local groups using the MoveHere method ... Didn't matter if I ran the script on the ... WinNT provider only rename domain groups, ...