Re: List of groups

In news.software.readers on Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:13:37 +0000 (UTC), Bob
Cortopassi <bobernet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2008-09-24, Sqwertz <swertz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Shouldn't you just be able to put a colon after the newsgroup name
and rename it to ~/.newsrc? Or does slrn use a non-standard
.newsrc?

Yes. Scripting gyrations are not necessary.

A script isn't necessary, but automating the process of subscribing to
new interesting groups from a list compiled elsewhere could be useful.

Anyway, I haven't written a script yet, but I'll do so eventually, if
only becuase I'd learn from attempting it.

--
PJR :-)
slrn newsreader (v0.9.9): http://slrn.sourceforge.net/

  • slrn Message-ID for email-only messages
    ... When slrn sends an email 'Reply' without also posting a followup to the ... newsgroup, no Message-ID is created. ... provider seems to allocate a Message-ID of its own. ... some of us use FQDNs for newsgroups for which we ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: [slrn] external editor and sorting
    ... >> graphical browser though. ... I use slrn from the CLI and do not run xwindows ... >> site but I have no idea of what you are talking about with visual mode, ... vimrc that I can edit to allow different newsgroup article layouts. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: slrn: kill getting too many headers?
    ... If I hit the return key, slrn tries to retrieve ... all 123456 msg headers if available; & that is what I want stop. ... is in the process of retrieving all the headers available for a newsgroup. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: A trick for non-supscrivvers
    ... Subscribe to newsgroup linux.debian.user. ... No, use slrn, and you can pretty much ignore the following. ... mail compose window will come up, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: List of groups
    ... John wrote: ... Is there a way to import this list into slrn ... This can probably be done with an S-Lang script. ... Read a newsgroup name from the specified file. ...
    (news.software.readers)