Re: Making XNews filters persist?

Blinky the Shark <no.spam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:pan.2008.09.22.16.56.53.96598@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Bluuuue Rajah wrote:

Is there any way to keep my XNews filters active from one session to
another. It seems that the most trivial things will clear a filter,
such as discarding headers that I don't want to look at any more.
It's becomeing very tedious to have to continually type in the same
filter, over and over.

Just for the record, you're aware of the score file, right?

The problem with the score file is that you can only score one thread at
a time. Until the election is past, I'm trying to eliminate all
political threads. There are a lot of them, and it is very laborious to
eliminate them one at a time.

So far, I'm just recalling past filters from the list, marking
everything read and discarding them. From other posts, I gather that's
the best way to do it with XNews. :(

  • Re: This is disgusting, how can one report this spamme(s)r?
    ... Score File" and add the following lines: ... I was merely answering his request -- how to put those filters into ... Xnews has filtering capabilities that are easily up ... I didn't even know of these posts until this thread showed ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: oops another poll
    ... impression that this was an RV group. ... if you learn about your filters. ... The people who start the political threads have nothing to add to ... airheads. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: oops another poll
    ... Lone Haranguer wrote: ... impression that this was an RV group. ... if you learn about your filters. ... The people who start the political threads have nothing to add to the ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Moderated newsgroup?
    ... sheer number of the political threads, but being exposed to all that ... I use Agent, hit control+D, tweak the kill filter if I'm so ... when I adjusted my filters to also kill off wrist "watch" ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: BASEBALL TALK ONLY!
    ... filters can readily remove them from views. ... It's possible to filter most of the OT trash that's on here right now by focusing on key words that are likely to come up in the subject, and by KFing individuals who start new political threads or who hijack baseball threads with political crap. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)