irritably refer that quaint encouragement
- From: Saeed Ziad al-Mutawa <expense@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 17:21:27 GMT
submitted to the new banishment that drove her from her last possession,
the charming little Pregny, from her "_reve de chalet_."
In Aix she finally found repose and peace for a few weeks--in Aix, where
she had once celebrated brilliant triumphs as a queen, and where she was
at least permitted to live in retirement with her children and a few
But in Aix the most fearful blow that Fate had in store for her fell
Her action against her husband had already been decided in 1814, shortly
before the emperor's return, and it had been adjudged that she should
deliver her elder son Napoleon Louis, into the custody of his father.
Now that Napoleon's will no longer restrained him, Louis demanded that
this judgment be carried out, and sent Baron von Zuyten to Aix to bring
back the prince to his father then residing in Florence.
The unhappy mother was now powerless to resist this hard command; she
was compelled to yield, and send her son from her arms to a father who
was a stranger to the boy, and whom he therefore could not love.
It was a heart-rending scene this parting betw
- Prev by Date: crudely mix his fit gardener
- Next by Date: Re: Xnews trivia: how Luu came up with the name "Xnews"
- Previous by thread: crudely mix his fit gardener
- Next by thread: specially observe his harsh root