Re: [XPN] Kill file this

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
In <slrnfde0uo.app.no.spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 08/30/2007
at 05:51 PM, Blinky the Shark <no.spam@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

They are if their MIDs are used indiscriminately for References
filtering.

They don't control my filters; I do.

The issue is the collateral damage.

I understand that you *chose* to see those articles; that doesn't mean
that I am giving them power by choosing to not see them.

<*SARCASM*>

No kidding? I thought you were setting *everyone's* filters.

<*/SARCASM*>

Yes, and I was correcting your impression.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

  • Re: [ANN] Influx Usenet Filter v0.9.0.0
    ... well as the more advanced filtering mentioned on my site. ... How would your proxy requiring users to define filter be easier than ... adding a header on which the client could test or adding a tag string ... You have your proxy remove of matching articles? ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Validating ComboBox Entries
    ... you are filtering out expired contracts. ... The Combo Control defualts to a RowSource of: ... The employee can work on the project up to and including the ... from the list display, since it has passed its expiry date. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Any Ideas on Turning off the Spammer?
    ... the articles were injected into Usenet from 13:30 to ... While I have not yet found a method of filtering out the sporge ... The 'Subject:' header field always begins with a lower-case letter ... Usenet forum. ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: Help with finding hardware firewall that acts like software firewall
    ... level but do not truly control things as per specific program executable. ... They are basically filtering the application data within the packets. ... protection provided by some of the personal firewalls, ... > responsible for using a specific port or ports. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Got idle CPU cycles?
    ... You seem to be using tin, which supports filter and killfile concepts that ... enable a reader to skip articles based on various criteria. ... Here's a sample from a manpage for tin filtering under Linux: ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)