Re: 40tude on NT

On Wed, 09 May 2007 23:04:20 -0700, XS11E stepped in ......

Top <retiredtop@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you tried Pan on a Windows box?

Yes, I've tried Pan, I use Xnews, I think Pan is a VERY poor newsreader
by comparison, but then so is everything else.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with Xnews being a 10, I consider OE about a -500
and everything else as bad or even worse. I've tried darn near
everything that's come along over the years but I really doubt I'll ever
change but I do keep on investigating.

I do like the older version of Pan but this one is fun to play with for a
time. I'm wondering what Pan will be if it get to version 1.0. In the
meantime Xnews sets the standard for windows boxes.

I've stuck with the same woman for many years, too. I've looked at
others but I can't find one with the same qualities* or who I'd like as
well so I don't see any reason to change.

*Such as: she puts up with me. ;-)

I can't around the first hurdle, finding one that would put up with me. I
really think she has a problem that hasn't been diagnosed yet. :)

Top

--
We can transplant a heart but can do nothing to cure stupid.

  • Re: Knode killfile
    ... Me and Blinky agreed on one thing, Pan wasn't worth upgrading beyond ... one never wants to offend the slrn mafia... ... We didn't agree on Xnews though. ... see running it under Wine as being an option. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Pan & Linux
    ... >> Although the 'standards' do call for a valid FQDN in the MID, ... I've only been following Luu's advice in the Xnews ... > above where I was mucking around in Pan... ... I wouldn't want to use a server that imposed it's own MID on my articles ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: MacSoup, MT-NW, Pan etc [was] Bottom Posting
    ... I thought that you'd deserted good ol' MacSOUP for XNews on Wine! ... I also have here MT-NW, Thunderbird and Unison, but I rarely use them. ... What version of Pan? ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Help with OE please?
    ... >>> does Knode. ... I'm gonna look again with Pan just for the fun of it... ... >> that Knode has improved to the point of being useable, surprise, ... >> And, as expected, Pan threads just like OE, Xnews and Knode. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Announcing XSig - Xnews Companion
    ... I'd be embarrassed to be seen using something like Xnews, ... "please try and stick to" kind of rule, not an enforcement. ... ring with Pan and let them go a dozen rounds, ...
    (news.software.readers)