Re: Can we change nntp usenet news "User-Agent" headers?

On 28 Apr 2007 09:33:55 GMT, Peter J Ross wrote:
your From line is wrong.
You have quotation marks where there should be angle brackets.

Oh no! In doing my research, I realized Peter wasn't saying that there was
anything wrong with these syntaxes. He was saying mine were reversed.

Instead of
3. From: "name" <email>

I had in my posts
4. From: "email" <name>

I have now fixed that setting in 40Tude Dialog.

Thank you Peter for letting me know my error.
Karen Alba

  • Re: Worldofwar.net - Malicious software
    ... So you're saying it's a combo of wrapping AND angle brackets that ... buggers the URL for some? ... Yes, that's what I'm saying. ... plus a tinyurl link so that readers can ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: ANN: Forte Agent 3.1 released
    ... >> Punctuation goes inside the quotation marks, ... used it makes sense for that full-stop to come outside the quotation ... If I'd been quoting a full sentence, ... full-stop inside, as in quoting someone by saying, "Bobby was hit by a ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: OT: Do the French have spy satellites?
    ... can surely steal what China has "bought". ... Overuse of quotation marks. ... So you're saying that you're ... ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT How to stump dem evilooshunusts
    ... saying some science is "faith". ... The first set of quotation marks makes sense, ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Girl Genius: Winged Trilobite?
    ... Has anybody made anything of the fact that Gil's use of mistress is in ... thing that not many people may have been saying much about. ... dangerous fountain out of sausages." ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)