Re: Timeout of twit lists?

MartinS wrote:
Blinky the Shark <no.spam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
The news client that I use has an expiration date for each filter[1]
entry, with a default of one year. How common is that feature, and,

Very common.

for those whose software supports it, what timeout values are people
using?

When I kill a thread, I usually kill it for a month. The default is
"permanent" unless I key in a number (of days). I maintain my bozo bin
by manually entering names into a kill list in the text score file
itself, and those kills are permanent.

In Xnews, "K" is an easy way to killfile someone; default is 100 days but
it can be made permanent. The problem is it only works on that exact name
and address. If the poster keeps changing his addy, then you need to use
the Scorefile.

As for me, I pretty much never use the scoring UI with Xnews. I roll my
own. Ditto Pan.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups