Re: [slrn] Window Sizes

Allodoxaphobia <bit-bucket@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
<news:slrne7nfu0.2kfp.bit-bucket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, 29 May 2006 23:41:54 -0000, Jimchip wrote:

A good start when you work on your Score file:

From: Alan Connor <i3x9mdw@j9n35c\.invalid>
or
From: Alan Connor <*>
Newsgroup: news\.software\.readers

Don't forget also
:
|Subject: .*Alan Connor

Is the .* necessary there in slrn scoring?

Might also want to add Subject: \[AC\] , or .*\[AC\] in case the .* is
necessary.

--
»Q«
links to Xnews resources:

  • Re: Filtering USNET on client side (Thunderbird)
    ... On 06 Sep 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux, in article ... which says set this score, and I'm finished scoring on this article, OR ... lists and headers it finds in your score file, ... Good trolls are quite rare - though in fact I did see one 2-3 days ago ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: [Xnews slrn] Need score filter to kill cross-post to more than 3 newsgroups.
    ... slrn score file that will kill posts that are cross-posted to more than ... "Newsgroup" (the newsgroup that the article is part ... Score file format: ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: [scoring] Beginnings of a generalised scoring FAQ
    ... I don't do anything that elaborate, but in my PC Yarn score file your ... doesn't show articles having scores less than a threshold score. ... global score file contains rules applied in all newsgroups. ... newsgroup can have a separate score file containing rules that are also ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: This spam is getting ridiculous.
    ... In my Score file I use ... making an entry for each newsgroup? ... Rob - Linux user number 467898 Ubuntu User number 17166 ... Customer: ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: [slrn] Window Sizes
    ... A good start when you work on your Score file: ... % Newsgroup: news\.software\.readers ... Back to the manual, to learn scorefile ... ... I accept PGP Encrypted Email ONLY! ...
    (news.software.readers)