Re: Question about XNews Itself

MartinS <me@xxxxxxxx> wrote in
<news:43da5d95$0$31796$892e0abb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I came to Xnews via several years with NewsXpress (which I started
> with before OE even existed), so I didn't have much trouble
> adapting to the basic interface. It does take time to learn all
> the features and tweaks, but it's worthwhile sticking with it.

I've never used NewsXpress. After years of Xnews use, the thing I find
least intuitive is the location of, well, most of the pull-down menu
items. I use the keyboard for most commands, but when I need the menus
I almost invariably look at the wrong one first. So my question is:
is the menu organization of Xnews based on NewsXpress?

--
»Q«
links to Xnews resources: New URL.

  • Re: Question about XNews Itself
    ... >> I came to Xnews via several years with NewsXpress (which I started ... >> with before OE even existed), so I didn't have much trouble ... After years of Xnews use, ... I use the keyboard for most commands, but when I need the menus ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Spam again..a record perhaps?
    ... authors killfiles -- I usually kill by subject, ... NewsXpress 2.0, which was last updated in 1995. ... I've tried Xnews but it's too overblown for me, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Xnews trivia: how Luu came up with the name "Xnews"
    ... "I'm a fan of NewsXpress so I liberally stole ideas from that ... X graphical environment on Unix or Linux systems, the name Xnews is a tad ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: [xnews] customising QuoteColors
    ... key bindings to do things and getting myself in all sorts of trouble:-/ ... using Xnews from work while getting new home connected ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Need portable newsreader!
    ... - I like Xnews. ... You might have trouble ... with some news servers (eg, those provided by some ISPs) who'd only ...
    (news.software.readers)