Re: Ozum ?

Somebody claiming to be Frank Slootweg <this@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:43875d77$0$37599$dbd4f001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Do you have UNIX/Linux experience? If so, you may want to have a look
> at Cygwin [1] and its X environment. I do not have experience with the X
> part of Cygwin, but I'm told that rxvt is the best thing since sliced
> bread. Perhaps others can vouch if X/rxvt is Unicode compliant.

I've got Cygwin on my computer because I wanted to try tin. Tin at least
didn't crash on non-ASCII characters, although it only showed them as ?'s.

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
Oh Marge, anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there....

  • Re: Whats better than Google Groups?
    ... I got cygwin, can't I get such a thing out of it? ... > Linux and other Unixes on virtual machines, ... newsreaders like slrn or tin. ... means articles which you have indicated that ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: [slrn] Marking desired articles, then navigating to marked articles only
    ... This particular version was a ready-to-use Cygwin package, ... I built tin myself under Cygwin. ... distro and dropped it into Fedora12, copied over all the config files and I ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: [slrn] Marking desired articles, then navigating to marked articles only
    ... you could install Cygwin and build nn 'under' ... I built tin myself under Cygwin. ... I searched Google for an nn Cygwin package, but Google and I do not ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Firefox and Cygwin
    ... Has anyone out there ever ported Firefox to Cygwin as an X11 client? ... Have you tried downloading the Linux port and building it in the Cygwin ... MS-Windows are using the native MS-Windows environment (for which there ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: nget
    ... I would prefer to have the message body and headers kept together, ... You may want to have a look at the tin newsreader. ... I will surely take a look at tin, yes, and fortunately I already have cygwin ... Based on the responses I got, I plan to look at slrn, along with slrnpull, as ...
    (news.software.readers)