Re: Google Groups filtering emails?

»Q« wrote:
> "Alfred Z. Newmane" <a.newmane.remove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> Thank for your help.
>
> No prob. I'm glad you're willing to work around it rather than just
> start new threads.
>
>> For the record, it's not a problem with OE
>> (not a bug), it was my news server that was rejecting it.
>
> It is a bug with OE. If your server accepted it, it still wouldn't
> propagate to other servers; the server is doing you a favor by
> rejecting it and telling you why. I can't remember whether limiting
> length to 1000 characters is a 'must' or a 'should' in the RFC, but
> either way OE is doing the wrong thing.

But what is OE doing wrong? I still don't get how, if the error is
coming from my server, that the problem is OE. And FWIW, I've replied to
threads deeper than this one without problem, when I had a previous
server, a little over a year ago, which is also why I'm thinking its an
issue with my server.

If it is OE, can someone please explain what exactly the problem is?

  • Re: Problem with Xserver and Gnome applications
    ... The program 'gedit' received an X Window System error. ... This probably reflects a bug in the program. ... request belongs to an X11 extension. ... server does not support that extension and gedit doesn't check for it ...
    (comp.sys.sgi.admin)
  • Re: bug in java.net.Socket??
    ... I've been trying to get a passive ftp server working, but unfortunately, ... there seems to be a VERY low level bug in the Socket command that makes ... server is already serving a connection new connection attempts are ... Now I don't know for sure, but I STRONGLY suspect that it is a java bug. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Which is more secure? Oracle vs. Microsoft
    ... AK>> The following bugs are Oracle application server bugs (Oracle Portal ... DL> app these are PL/SQL packages in the database server. ... is an Oracle database bug? ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Word display a strange message while we open a file for the first time
    ... Networking just ain't my gig anymore:-} ... we ALL know about this bug with Office 2004 and Office 2008. ... I have some iMac and user use it to be logged on a server. ... John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Consultant Technical Writer, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 79, Issue 156
    ... I've got just one bad bug that I hope will be fixed in time for Beta1. ... NW series, with Ubuntu 10.04 installed, although it worked fine on Windows. ... Subject: Hostname configuration on DHCP/DNS server: /etc/hosts vs. ... but it comes by default in a standard Ubuntu installation. ...
    (Ubuntu)