Re: Google Groups filtering emails?

»Q« wrote:
> "Alfred Z. Newmane" <a.newmane.remove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> Thank for your help.
>
> No prob. I'm glad you're willing to work around it rather than just
> start new threads.
>
>> For the record, it's not a problem with OE
>> (not a bug), it was my news server that was rejecting it.
>
> It is a bug with OE. If your server accepted it, it still wouldn't
> propagate to other servers; the server is doing you a favor by
> rejecting it and telling you why. I can't remember whether limiting
> length to 1000 characters is a 'must' or a 'should' in the RFC, but
> either way OE is doing the wrong thing.

But what is OE doing wrong? I still don't get how, if the error is
coming from my server, that the problem is OE. And FWIW, I've replied to
threads deeper than this one without problem, when I had a previous
server, a little over a year ago, which is also why I'm thinking its an
issue with my server.

If it is OE, can someone please explain what exactly the problem is?

  • Re: Problem with Xserver and Gnome applications
    ... The program 'gedit' received an X Window System error. ... This probably reflects a bug in the program. ... request belongs to an X11 extension. ... server does not support that extension and gedit doesn't check for it ...
    (comp.sys.sgi.admin)
  • Re: bug in java.net.Socket??
    ... I've been trying to get a passive ftp server working, but unfortunately, ... there seems to be a VERY low level bug in the Socket command that makes ... server is already serving a connection new connection attempts are ... Now I don't know for sure, but I STRONGLY suspect that it is a java bug. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Failed to map the path /App_GlobalResources/
    ... Have you also tested on other server to see whether you'll encounter the ... is this the first time you try deploying 2.0 website on ... |> | If not, install it, and check to see whether the bug remains. ...
  • 5 bugs
    ... Don't confuse with Apacheweb server. ... Bug founded in function $exists. ... If you want to use this function (play sound-requests), ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [VulnWatch] 5 bugs
    ... Don't confuse with Apacheweb server. ... Bug founded in function $exists. ... If you want to use this function (play sound-requests), ...
    (VulnWatch)