There's no way I'd pay that much

Sure, I crave the Acabion:

http://jalopnik.com/346625/acabion-gtbo-the-750bhp-340mph-enclosed-motorcycle-enters-production

But they're asking nearly 2 million bucks.

That's preposterous. You can buy a fine
jet for cheaper than that! In fact, I could
take a glider, chop off the wings, and put
a high powered rice rocket under the
cockpit, all for about 50 grand and have
the same thing.

---
Mark LLC

  • Re: Theres no way Id pay that much
    ... But they're asking nearly 2 million bucks. ... jet for cheaper than that! ... Just think of it as the ultimate thing you could put between your legs. ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: Growing your own to save
    ... me that growing your own produce is cheaper than purchasing it. ... I do manage to spend 6 or 8 bucks ... needs support -- we plant them along our fenceline and they ... We don't buy pots or other containers. ...
    (rec.gardens.edible)
  • Re: Miami Passage - Day 10, November 19
    ... Diesel fuel got over five bucks a gallon this summer and I don't expect the lower prices seen now to last much longer. ... The flip side of that is you've got several grand of sailcloth up the stick with an expected lifespan of about ten years if looked after but if you leave them flapping or otherwise abuse them you'll take years off their life so sometime it's cheaper to motor. ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)
  • Re: Washington Earthquake
    ... People making far less than a million bucks a year have seen their taxes ... Those people typically do not "jet to Paris for the weekend". ... Sure, they are more successful, but most of them work harder ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: General Tools on big sale at Redmond
    ... but shipping is exorbitant over two hundred bucks ... The smaller one is in the same class as the Jet minilathe. ... the best-bang prize in published reviews. ...
    (rec.woodworking)