Re: Archaeological dig

On Feb 5, 9:00 am, "Koolchi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<john.kulczy...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh and  the things you find near the bedrock of the dig. Was steak
really that cheap back then?

When we were packing to move from Illinois to Arizona, we found a
cache of smelt in the ice at the bottom of the freezer that had been
there for no less than 18 years.

DB

  • Re: Short Ribs
    ... I have frequently lamented here about the cuts of meat that used to be dirt cheap and which have since become quite expensive. ... Chicken wings used to be really cheap here, but living close to Buffalo, and the Buffalo wing thing coming on so strong, they became a high demand cut. ... When I was first married I used to pick up enough short ribs for a feast for 25-30 cents, while steak for two would cost $4. ... IMO, if you are going to pay that much for meat, you may as well go for the steak, slap it on the grill with minimal preparation and be done cooking in less than 10 minutes, rather than spend money on other ingredients and hours of prep time and cooking. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Short Ribs
    ... Steak is cheaper, and easier to prepare. ... They were downright cheap. ... Chicken wings, OTOH, are a high demand cut around here. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Camerons TR, part 1
    ... How much can you rave about cheap food ... Sort of like telling me you got steak and lobster for $10 and never realized ... Sushi buffet for about $30. ... AVLV have raved about. ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • Re: Wharehouse Raid FS Following games $1000 Each GREAT SHAPE!
    ... "Shipping available cheap through R and L Carriers." ... You pay their cost with no markup; no packing fee. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Sounding off...
    ... steak at $6.95 or is it that you have never eaten a really ... I guess the fact that you can get it on the cheap seems to ... take any of you seriously for recommending MSS or LVC? ... "But $12 is too much for a dinner buffet. ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)