Re: Hi Everybody!

Alan Hope <usenet.identity@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

boots goes:

Alan Hope <usenet.identity@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
boots goes:
Alan Hope <usenet.identity@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
boots goes:

I do not *assume* that gravity exists. I know from experience that
objects dropped tend to fall. If they stop falling I will reevaluate
the existence of the property I call "gravity" at the point. Until
then I have certain knowledge that all the heavier-than-air objects
lacking propulsive mechanisms that I have dropped have fallen. I may
assume that what I have observed has the name "gravity" but that's as
far as the assuming goes.

You ought not to be let loose with my language, you barbarian.

"to" is superfluous, "you ought not be" is sufficient.

Clown.

So, do you think "you ought be let loose"?

Without "not" the "to" is necessary.

Oh really. Got a cite for that claim?

I don't need a cite for a claim, I need only make the claim.
I don't need a cite for a usage, I need only write the usage.

You, however, need a cite to refute my claim.

--
just write it

  • Re: Doubts about relativity dogmas
    ... I tomorrow you say "Quote again the abstract" i again will cite the ... show that gravity propagates at a speed much greater than c." ... while the observed absence of aberration is consistent ... also consistent with the speed-of-light propagation predicted by ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Dark Matter
    ... >>I went back to your cite and I noticed there are two videos. ... >>observations appear to be inconsistent wrt mass and gravity. ... > One way of detecting dark matter is that it should bend light just ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: The Earth is smaller than assumed
    ... live with a gravity 3 times higher 200 millions years ago if expansion ... can jump clear out of the water (even Blue whales can do this). ... But nothing in the paper you cite makes the claim that dinosaurs were so ...
    (sci.geo.geology)
  • Re: The Earth is smaller than assumed
    ... would have a hard time to live with our current gravity, ... would not live with higher gravity. ... J. R. 2004 Biomechanical modelling and sensi- ... since the paper you cite was published 2 year ...
    (sci.geo.geology)
  • Re: History of "Aggressive" As Desirable Employee Characteristic
    ... >>>might not be the earliest cite out there, ... >>> LARGE INCOMES, TO ACCOMPANY FIELD MANAGER AND OPEN VIRGIN TERRITORY ... My wild guess is that this usage came out of a Christian evangelical usage ...
    (alt.usage.english)