This is terrible.
- From: "RJM" <scratch.pad@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 12:51:48 GMT
"RJM" <scratch.pad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:...
[ . . . ]
From now on he will insist that his crossword
dictionary, one of "all the dictionaries", condems "outwith"
to the scrapheap. The poor word is indeed on the scrapheap,
but that is by the by. Used only by important literati and the
most determined Caledonians, "outwith" remains, hidden away
in cobwebby recesses of the great tomes, alive and well.
I wrote it in longhand, like I do, put it aside when our Mrs Mop
sent me out for double cream. I returned to my desk, typed up
the post and sent it, my brain completely missing the beautiful new
word I'd invented, "scr 'i' pheap". Twice. Isn't that tragic? Mind,
I'm not alone. I see elsewhere my friend Mr Banerjee also slipped
up. Global warming, obviously.
- Prev by Date: Re: Hot topic
- Next by Date: Which deadly sin is your favorite?
- Previous by thread: A big sword and a Hitler mustache...
- Next by thread: Re: This is terrible.