Re: How do YOU break the block?

Christine,

I like John's test. It's a form of self-editing.

Wasn't it Mark Twain that said, "It's what we DON'T write that
counts"?

Or was that, "Deleting is the key to good writing" ?

Anyway, it was something along those lines.

This could be extended to not writing at all.

And we're back to Zen.

Maybe some writers NEED to be blocked... :P

Sudden Disruption

Sudden View - for the art of editing text
Beta test now in progress at...
http://www.sudden.net/

  • Re: Blue Burgers
    ... Mark Twain writes to us, then, now and forever. ... one of Sam's books, opens it, Clemens is writing to that child. ... We speak down through ... William Shakespeare is an excellent writer. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: How to edit a large xml file (250MB)?
    ... I also have no access to editor which exported mentioned xml file. ... inserting and deleting some lines of text; writing something)" is very fast. ...
    (comp.text.xml)
  • Re: How do... YOU... do... "IT"?
    ... K of RAM and 4 K BASIC so I didn't get much writing done. ... > I concluded that prior to the invention of the word processor, ... Sudden Disruption ... Beta test now in progress at... ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: How do... YOU... do... "IT"?
    ... >> I don't think my writing process is quite the same, ... > Inspiration if it occurs at all is ... I think my process is a lot closer to yours than what Sudden Disruption ... first sketchy worldbuilding and first disposable plot outline; ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Deleting Files
    ... I am writing some software which involves deleting and/or renaming files. ... file and write a few DOD format strings over the data, ... system works by re-allocating the same disk sectors. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)