Re: I have decided, after 28 years and with mixed feelings, to leave The Times.
- From: "Catmandu" <same@ Iknow.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:17:07 -0600
"Towse" <self@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> From Judith Miller's blog:
> "Partly because of such objections from some colleagues, I have decided,
> after 28 years and with mixed feelings, to leave The Times. I am honored
> to have been part of this extraordinary newspaper and proud of my
> accomplishments here ? a Pulitzer, a DuPont, an Emmy and other awards ?
> but sad to leave my professional home.
> "But mainly I have chosen to resign because over the last few months, I
> have become the news, something a New York Times reporter never wants to
> "Even before I went to jail, I had become a lightning rod for public
> fury over the intelligence failures that helped lead our country to war.
> Several articles I wrote or co-wrote were based on this faulty
> intelligence, and in May 2004, The Times concluded in an editors? note
> that its coverage should have reflected greater editorial and
> reportorial skepticism."
What the hell does she mean, "faulty intelligence"? I thought Bush,
Clinton(s), Kerry, Rice, Powell, Blair and all the rest of them who said
Saddam has WMDs deliberately lied about it.
- Prev by Date: Re: even more memory lane lyrics
- Next by Date: Re: Thirty yers since the Edmund Fitzgerald went down. . .
- Previous by thread: Re: I have decided, after 28 years and with mixed feelings, to leave The Times.
- Next by thread: Re: I have decided, after 28 years and with mixed feelings, to leave The Times.