Re: Doesn't look like the guy's a screaming partisan, either

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:50:25 +1000, Ivor Longhorn
<longhornster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Shazam! No reason, it's just magic. So Josh Hill
><usereplyto@xxxxxxxxx> said:
>
>>On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:33:57 +1000, Ivor Longhorn
>><longhornster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>Shazam! No reason, it's just magic. So Josh Hill

>>>You imported the wrong ones. I suggest you take more Frenchies next
>>>time. Actually, take all of them. It's a beautiful country and would
>>>be much improved by being vacated.
>>
>>You do know that the neutron bomb was designed with Paris in mind.
>>

>Yes but we don't want the people who designed it -- IOW, you -- moving
>in. The only good thing about the States is that its several thousand
>miles of water away from civilisation.

Yes, good thing you Europeans sent your best physicists and rocket
scientists here. I mean, wouldn't want to lose that 20 minutes of
protection.

>>>Hmmm, maybe. They insist on irksome things like labour laws though.
>>
>>What they can't see in their chronic myopia is that labor laws,
>>insofar as they increase the worker's income, increase demand and keep
>>their factories humming -- meaning they get a bigger cut.
>
>U r stupid. One would have thought you'd learn not to talk economics.
>
>Modern corporations don't like factories. They like repackaging.

Bwah. What web page did you read that on? The stuff has to get made,
same as always.

>>>Well yes. You have to reckon that some in his party realised that if
>>>they "reformed" social security, they'd never get elected again.
>>
>>Ditto abortion. The extra-chromosome conservatives just can't
>>understand why those GOP Court appointees never get around to
>>overturning Roe v. Wade. It hasn't occurred to the poor Fox
>>News-watching suckers that that's the last thing any Republican
>>politician wants to do.
>
>Well, not *any*. Some would, even so.

Yeah, all three of 'em. As long as their own daughters don't get
knocked up, of course . . .

--
Josh

"It was amazing I won. I was running against peace and prosperity
and incumbency." - George W. Bush