Re: CJR on Judith Miller

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:00:30 -0700, Towse <self@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

><http://www.cjrdaily.org/archives/001920.asp>
>
>Editor's Note. 16 October 2005
>The Times Gives Us a Modified, Limited Hangout
>
>"Take a stroll down memory lane, back to this immortal dialogue from the
>Watergate tapes of a March 1973 meeting in the Oval Office:
>
>"PRESIDENT: You think, you think we want to, want to go this route now?
>And the -- let it hang out, so to speak?
>DEAN: Well, it's, it isn't really that --
>HALDEMAN: It's a limited hang out.
>DEAN: It's a limited hang out.
>EHRLICHMAN: It's a modified limited hang out.
>
>"Those words came to mind this morning as we digested the long-awaited
>and mammoth New York Times' mea culpa on the Judy Miller affair, to
>which the newspaper devotes more than two open pages.
>
>"As we read along, five things leaped off the page at us."
>
>[...]
>

>and Jay Rosen, PressThink on Judith Miller:
><http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/weblogs/pressthink/2005/10/15/mlr_act.html>

She's lying through her teeth, isn't she. And apparently afraid she'll
trip up and give the prosecutor evidence that she perjured herself.

--
Josh

"It was amazing I won. I was running against peace and prosperity
and incumbency." - George W. Bush

  • CJR on Judith Miller
    ... "Take a stroll down memory lane, back to this immortal dialogue from the ... It's a limited hang out. ... DEAN: ... "Those words came to mind this morning as we digested the long-awaited and mammoth New York Times' mea culpa on the Judy Miller affair, to which the newspaper devotes more than two open pages. ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: CJR on Judith Miller
    ... >"Take a stroll down memory lane, back to this immortal dialogue from the ... It's a limited hang out. ... >and mammoth New York Times' mea culpa on the Judy Miller affair, ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: CJR on Judith Miller
    ... No reason, it's just magic. ... So Merle Finch ... It's a limited hang out. ... >>and mammoth New York Times' mea culpa on the Judy Miller affair, ...
    (misc.writing)