Re: Overpass accidents in Ohio rising for unknown reasons
- From: Dave <noway@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 00:36:44 +0800
A federal law known as the MUTCD, requires all overpasses to be
marked within 12" of their actual clearance. Ohio has yet to meet
this law. And yet, nothing has been done about it.
NY can't even mark them within 18". -Dave
Actually they do. I wrote to NY DOT about this and they said that
because of the wording in the MUTCD they mark them 12" lower so it
meets the law.
Odd. I live in NY, and I haven't seen any clearance signs changed
lately. I know all the ones within a hundred miles or so are still way
- Prev by Date: Re: Indy I-465 mess
- Next by Date: Re: Cincinnati Scalehouse
- Previous by thread: Re: Overpass accidents in Ohio rising for unknown reasons
- Next by thread: Re: Overpass accidents in Ohio rising for unknown reasons