Belly strapping (was: Ping ~Tony~ : 1. feeding the GEL Troll, 2. belly strap 3. Your FAQ)

"~Tony~" <alprovaNS@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Posted to be referenced by Google. To see Tony's original post you can
click on the "news:"; link above.

The major item in this post is where Tony post: "no one really uses the term
"wrapping" in America. Both methods are routinely defined as "belly
strapping" because it helps prove I was close enough to right on June 17,
2004 when I used the term "belly strap" that realtiytrasher should not have
thrown the fuss he did. Dang, what a whiner he was over nothing!

"The Honorable Rocky 5" <wookiee@xxxxxxx> wrote in

Now lets say you only have one level of greasy steel bars to load on a
flatbed. Besides the front and rear bulkheads you lay down one or
more straps with the hook on the side with the ratchets. Once the
load is put on the truck, you throw the hook over the load to the side
without the ratchets. Then with the other side of the strap, you
throw that over the load the other way, to the side with the ratchets
so you end up going around all the steel rods. The strap goes twice
over and once under in the above instance.

That's not the ONLY definition of belly strapping, but read on...

What you describe is a method of what is known as "BELLY WRAPPING".

It's Australian in nature, but the terminology is absolutely on target,
and
there are very good images to boot.

http://www.ntc.gov.au/filemedia/Reforms/SectionELRGDec2004.pdf

Belly strapping is performed to secure layers of a load as it is loaded
when they extend to the width of the trailer. Belly wrapping is used to
secure rounded bundles or loads that do not span the width of the entire
trailer.

But you know what? I'm gonna give you credit anyway, because no one really
uses the term "wrapping" in America. Both methods are routinely defined as
"belly strapping".

The Honorable Rocky 5 has spoken

And with a little more sense for a change.

~Tony~
--
http//truckerscorner.forumlands.com/

http://www.usenet.com

http://wookiee.home.att.net/MiscTransportTruckingTrolls

http://MTT.JusticeGoneWild.com

The Honorable Dr. Rocky Five

  • Ping Lucy: This post shows ~Matt~ spinning like a Top
    ... feeding the GEL Troll, ... load is put on the truck, you throw the hook over the load to the side ... Then with the other side of the strap, ... Gee...I could ride into a truck stop with my trucker ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • Re: Disassembly ? of a Rockwell Vertical Milling machine
    ... I find the built-in strap can loosen at the worst times. ... > let anybody below the load. ... on the dolly that are located near the wheels and the load slide over the ... Mike ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Ping ~Tony~ : 1. feeding the GEL Troll, 2. belly strap 3. Your FAQ
    ... Man Tony, if you really wanted to help rid this place of Troll, you would ... Once the load is put on ... Then with the other side of the strap, ... Has Rocky ever met another driver from MTT? ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • Re: Ping lasting@gmail Troll
    ... strap" comes from. ... strapping a load as I understand it, is not as it is written above. ... When two stacks are loaded, you strap those, and then strap ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • Re: Shift Register Problem
    ... Am wrapping up my side of the results. ... The load signals are asynchronous, ... fixed delay after load and stops just before ... Anyways the problem was apparently not in the code or simulation but in the ...
    (comp.lang.vhdl)