Re: On Topic: Almost rolled my Gasoline Tanker yesterday (Photos)

"Zeke" <spambox@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:f4gqon$da3$1@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Rocky" <wookiee@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
"a semi making deliveries was laid on its side by the heavy winds."
From:
http://kwqc.com/Global/story.asp?S=6598838

You did not almost roll a tanker. You may have been in the
same general area of Iowa as what happened, but that had nothing to do
with
you.

There was a Truck and Trailer repair shop in Muscatine that lost all their
building in the June 1st tornado. As a matter of fact, parts of one of
their buildings can be seen in the photo at this site:
http://zeke.on.JusticeGoneWild.com/zeke/Photo4Jeff.htm

Out of a strange twist of fate, they were the closest repair shop to me
yesterday so I went there.

I said, the story I heard was the people here could see the tornado coming
so they all got in their cars and drove away. I was told that was pretty
much how it happened.

To make a long story short, I pointed to Highway 61 and then told one of the
people I could have been a few different places when that tornado hit
including that stretch of highway 61. Then the person I was talking to said
"You were lucky."

http://wookiee.home.att.net

Rocky

  • Tornadoes rip through eastern Iowa, killing one
    ... IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Severe storms ripped through eastern Iowa on ... "We're in disaster mode," an Iowa City dispatcher said. ... by one tornado, students were assessing the damage, including downed trees. ... MidAmerican Energy said about 7,000 homes and businesses in eastern Iowa ...
    (soc.culture.thai)
  • Scouts die when tornado hits camp (US, Iowa)
    ... Iowa - Four people were killed and at least ... 20 injured when a tornado tore through an Iowa boy scout camp on ... Scout Ranch in western Iowa about 5:35 p.m. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Did Someone Say Snow?
    ... > across Iowa. ... the tornado threat is vastly overblown. ... Mobile homes do not have basements and thus are a lousy place to be if ... forests, state parks and gamelands on all sides. ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.behavior)
  • Re: To you in the Midwest (US) who wouldnt live in CA because of the quakes
    ... After moving to Iowa in early 1993 we went ... experience a tornado. ... little earthquakes. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: CO2 Storm Caught on home video, "Its a monster"
    ... Caught on home video, "It's a monster" ... Canadian who has never seen a tornado, I thought of them as more ... about where they are on highway 169, and then either head NE to eventually ...
    (alt.politics.bush)