Re: Truck tire explodes at 220 mph?
- From: "Rocky" <wookiee@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 07:58:41 -0600
"Top" <retiredtop@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 12 May 2007 08:16:12 -0700, Two Wheels Good, Four Wheels Bad
stepped in ......
He claims that if you jack up one tractor wheel and run the engine so
the tachograph indicates 55 mph, the spinning wheel can turn 220 mph and
Did he mention how the 220 MPH was measured?
If you use a differential and keep one drive wheel from turning the other
drive wheel will spin twice as fast as the speedometer shows.
What was said above was, if you keep 3 drive wheels from spinning the last
wheel will spin 4 times faster than the speedometer shows.
- Prev by Date: Re: Mother's Day
- Next by Date: Re: Enough is enough !!!
- Previous by thread: Re: Truck tire explodes at 220 mph?
- Next by thread: Re: Truck tire explodes at 220 mph?