Re: CLD GRANDFATHERING

"tscottme" <blahblah@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:TK-dnQ4uiKMhRTPZnZ2dnUVZ_oednZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm not sure what you mean. I think there was a grandfather clause for
old-timers........

Sheese, "old-timers"?

The grandfather clause was just that, a clause to allow preexisting drivers
a way to obtain a CDL without starting from scratch. In my case, Indiana
used to issue a chauffers license to operate larger vehicles. It was just a
written test with no driving test required.

You could grandfather into the CDL program if you had a chauffers license, a
written letter from your employer saying that you had driven for two years,
& take & pass the written CDL exams (ie..CDL written, air system, tanker,
hazmat, whatever). It keep you from having to take a driving test.

Tom

.