Happy Birthday Marines!
- From: "Scott" <pugetsounddiver@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:14:40 -0800
230 of 'em and counting.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the
filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of
animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" --
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
"They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an
enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now!"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Quoted when the Marines were cut off behind enemy lines and the Army had
written the 1st Marine Division off as being lost because they were
surrounded by 22
enemy divisions. The Marines made it out inflicting the highest casualty
ratio on an enemy in history and destroying 7 entire enemy divisions in the
process. An enemy division is 16500+ men while a Marine division is 12500
"Teufelhunde!" -- German soldiers at the Battle of Belleau Wood
- Prev by Date: Re: I VOTED TODAY
- Next by Date: Re: Happy Birthday Marines!
- Previous by thread: Re: Large-scale favorable advertising campaign of NIKE SHOES
- Next by thread: Re: Happy Birthday Marines!