Kvetching on the River....
- From: Stop-IL-TollwayRipoffs <jgrove24@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 14:58:49 -0700 (PDT)
Well BOBBY, pony up your figures on the gas taxes paid by the river folk..JG
"The Iowa DOT said earlier this month that it’s considering delaying its construction funding for the bridge in the Quad-Cities, perhaps to 2019, as a result of Illinois not committing to the same construction timetable......
The state has come under criticism from U.S. Rep. Bobby Schilling,R-Ill., for not giving the I-74 bridge a higher priority.
Earlier this week, during a news conference that included Republican state lawmakers and U.S. Rep. Dave Loebsack, D-Iowa, Schilling said the state had “reprogrammed” money for the I-74 bridge to the Chicago area. He also said that with $1.475 billion in federal funds, the bridge should be getting more money....
Federal, state, and local officials are all teaming up to support the $1.2 billion dollar project, and they want Illinois to pay its fair share....
but the states have to chip in. Iowa's part of the project will cost about $320 million dollars, and the Illinois' share is $453 million..."
- Prev by Date: Re: PARKING TICKETS ON SERVICE AREAS
- Next by Date: Re: Private Buses Need Permits To Drive Into New York City
- Previous by thread: PARKING TICKETS ON SERVICE AREAS
- Next by thread: Delta Airlines Buys Oil Refinery