First ICC Segment to open 2/22

http://www.mdta.maryland.gov/TollFacilities/ICC.html

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/traffic/2011/02/fiirst_phase_of_icc_to_open_fe.html

It's been announced that the first segment of the ICC, between I-370
and Georgia Ave (MD 97) will open on February 22. Though still
"weather dependent", MDTA is apparently confident that they can meet
that date opening.

The road will be toll-free for the first 2 weeks or so, with toll
collection beginning March 7, though the $3 service fee for non-EZPass
customers will be waived until April 6.

MDTA's website makes it pretty clear that opening the ICC to I-95
won't happen until 2012. There had previously been hope it would be
late this year, but poor weather has caused a lot of delays.

Froggie | Alexandria, VA | http://www.ajfroggie.com/roads/
.