Re: Planners sketch out new interstate [from Phoenix area] to Las Vegas

On Sep 15, 8:46 pm, armourereric <armourere...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sep 15, 1:01 pm, John David Galt <j...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

this is a good thing... IMHO..because it means they have to do an
analysis to see if that road is viable as a toll road. That's a much
better proxy for true need IMHO.
back of the envelope... 5 billion financed over 50 years (no interest)
= 100 million a year (275K a day)... 50K daily traffic...$55 bucks per
car... NOPE...

How many trucks?  Bridges in the Bay Area charge $20 toll for trucks,
so $50+ for a good 100+ mile toll road wouldn't be at all out of line.

275K/55K is $5.50

And though I like switching the I-15 idea, I-21 would be TOTALLY
appropriate for Vegas

The attraction of I-11 is that it can continue northwest to Reno.
Then again, maybe 21 could as well. And if you start including
interest, cars have to pay probably more like $7 (still reasonable) -
but remember, that's just for the bypass of Phoenix, not the rest of
the route to LV. So you may be looking at higher tolls than that,
maybe $10-$12 for the whole route. Now it's at best an average
proposition.

  • Re: Route advice please
    ... I'm planning a trip from my home near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada to ... The route above will have the least heavy traffic!! ... I could route him off the toll road also, but he plans to make the ... Many years ago I went across the Ambassador Bridge from Windsor to Detroit, ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Route advice please
    ... I'm planning a trip from my home near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada to ... The route above will have the least heavy traffic!! ... I could route him off the toll road also, but he plans to make the ... Many years ago I went across the Ambassador Bridge from Windsor to Detroit, ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Your Top 5 Road Projects
    ... Build a complete interchange between I-710 and I-5 and get the ... toll road now connecting to CA-91 in that area. ... I've wondered what the route number for the road under Cleveland ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: Indiana Toll Road Question
    ... effective and cost effective as to which route would be preferred. ... Although the Indiana Toll Road was later in development than the Ohio ... At the time, there was a study done also for a North South Toll Road, ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: Detroit MI to Plano TX route advice
    ... you'll want to get off the toll road and take US69 ... Your way will add another 200 miles to the trip. ... The only ongoing construction I'm aware of on this route is in Muskogee ... Marshall MI, Indianapolis, and Effingham IL -- more like 30. ...
    (misc.transport.road)