Re: OT: Digital TV Converter Box Report
- From: "Floyd Rogers" <fbloogyuds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:01:31 -0700
"cambronj" <cambronj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
Scott M. Kozel wrote:
All in all, I have considerably more features, and the only negative is
a slightly smaller image.
The smaller image is the result of the wide screen aspect ratio (16:9)
being displayed on your old 4:3 aspect ratio TV.
Your converter box can be set to clip the sides off the 16:9 aspect
to fill the full screen of your 4:3 aspect ratio TV.
I leave my box in the clip mode as most of the programing I watch is
broadcast in the 4:3 aspect ratio. The only time I change the box to
display 16:9 is when I watch the NASCAR on ABC.
John may be right - there may be a setting you can select on how to
display the image more fully. Look for "stretch" in the menu. But the
source still has only 480 lines rather than 486 you had before!
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: Digital TV Converter Box Report
- Next by Date: Re: Sequential Exit Numbers going away?
- Previous by thread: Re: OT: Digital TV Converter Box Report
- Next by thread: Re: OT: Digital TV Converter Box Report