Future bridge for US 159 at Rulo, NE approved

In 2011, a new bridge will be built over the Missouri River at Rulo,
NE, with a scheduled opening for 2014. The bridge, which will connect
Missouri with Nebraska, will be located about 650 feet south of the
current bridge, which will be demolished. Incidentally, the current
Rulo Bridge is shown in the movie Paper Moon, not that I ever saw that
movie.

http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798&u_sid=10579324
http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798&u_sid=10581899

  • Re: NB MO 291 Closed at Missouri River
    ... Department of Transportation to immediately close the northbound Route 291 ... Bridge over the Missouri River until further notice. ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • St. Louis Question
    ... How do I get from Northwest Plaza shopping center across the ... Missouri River (Page bridge or 370 bridge) by bike? ...
    (rec.bicycles.rides)
  • Q On I-70 Bridge
    ... Missouri River near St. Louis. ... photos and set up the page templates. ... What could have happened with this bridge where it needed to ... Another quirk is that NBI lists the eastbound traffic at ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: Missouri River Yankton, SD
    ... A 10-ton gross weight limit is now in effect on the Meridian Bridge on Hw. ... 81 over the Missouri River in Yankton, the transportation officials in South ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: New Rulo Bridge
    ... replaces a historic bridge between Rulo, Nebraska and Missouri; ... bridge is scheduled to be demolished with explosives. ... the Missouri approach of US 159 was under water when I ...
    (misc.transport.road)