I-64/I-295 Interchange Modification Project - New Photos - February 2008

The western I-64/I-295 interchange, near Short Pump in western Henrico
County, Virginia, has a $49.1 million construction project underway to
provide a 2-lane semi-directional flyover ramp for the movement from
eastbound I-64 to eastbound I-295 (the current movement is a one-lane
loop which will be removed), and to relocate and widen to 2 lanes the
ramp for the movement from westbound I-295 to westbound I-64. I-64 to
the east and west of I-295 will be widened, and a section of VA-271
Pouncey Tract Road is widened to 4 lanes.

This article was released on February 4th with 19 photos of the
construction for February 2008, photos by "Roads to the Future".
(This is for -2008-, not 2009).

This update adds 26 photos by VDOT. They are posted after the above group.

There are 14 photos that show the under construction 2-lane southbound
portion of the new VA-271 Pouncey Tract Road overpass bridge over I-64,
before, during and after a nighttime steel girder placement operation of
3 girders.

There are 12 aerial photos of the I-64/I-295 interchange and the project
from various angles.

"I-64/I-295 Interchange Modification Project Photos - February 2008" -
http://www.roadstothefuture.com/I64-I295-Int-Mod-Photos-Feb08.html

This website article is linked from the main article --

"I-64/I-295 Interchange Modification Project" -
http://www.roadstothefuture.com/I64-I295-Interchange-Mod.html

--
Scott M. Kozel Highway and Transportation History Websites
Virginia/Maryland/Washington, D.C. http://www.roadstothefuture.com

.